In order to find the best talent in the industry, we need to work smarter, faster and more digitally! One part of this includes using digital references within our recruitment processes within Strawberry.
We believe that the digital reference tool Refensa, raises the quality of our data-driven recruitment methodology, while also saving managers a great deal of time. Candidates applying to Strawberry can look forward to a smooth recruitment experience that is both more fair and more secure.
Meet Maya Johannessen, Hotel Manager at Quality Hotel Richard With, who has frequently used Refensa in the last few years.
For what kinds of different roles have you used Refensa?
At our hotel we have used it for hiring Housekeeping, Housekeeping Supervisor, Front Office Manager, and different Front Office staff and more. It was particularly useful when we were a brand new hotel and had to find a lot of new people to fill all the different positions!
What do you like most about digital reference checks?
It’s a much smoother process – you just have to fill in the candidate’s contact details to get things going. There’s no need to coordinate telephone meetings with referees, and you don’t have to send any reminders. It’s all taken care of automatically! The best thing is that it saves a great deal of time, so you can keep focused on everything going on at the hotel!
What has been the response from candidates?
Candidates appreciate this modern way of working. Since many of them grew up in a digital world, it all comes very naturally to them.
Do you ever feel that you need to call a reference again to obtain more information?
Benefits of digital references
- Everyone saves time – It takes just 90 seconds to process each candidate instead of 90 minutes. With also shortens the lead time for the recruitment process.
- Flexibility for everyone – References can be sent out at any time of day (or night!) and references are free to respond whenever it suits them. This also results in a higher response rate.
- Great user experience – A mobile-friendly chatbot ensures a memorable and up-to-date experience for everyone involved, and this also prevents any human bias or influences.
- Easier for the recruiter to compare answers – questions are structured in the same way, making it easier to compare references.
- High quality in the recruitment processes – a systematic and standardised way of working provides managers with good insights for the onboarding of new team members, and they can rest assured that all the information is stored securely.
- Secure verification – Refensa uses secure methods of verification of the referees, e.g. BankID.